Project Manager (Hardware R&D)
Winner of the 2018 Hi-Tech Company of the year Award, Invenco is a global leader specialising in self-service payment solutions with a range of high-tech products, including outdoor payment terminals, electronic payment servers, payment switches, and cloud services. We are a product company, proud of what we do, what we produce and who we are! We deliver revolutionary transactional and self-service products that make people wonder how they ever lived without them. We are undergoing unprecedented growth and embarking on our next generation of product development to retain our market leadership and recognised innovation, so we have exciting and challenging times ahead.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced Project Manager that can hit the ground running. Reporting to the Project Manager Team Lead, your role will include managing a diverse range of projects including new product development (which could include the next generation of our flagship product!) incorporating electronic hardware, design verification and compliance, certification, productisation of SKUs (eg: creation of BOMs, documentation and packaging, etc), introduction into manufacturing, customer rollout and implementation as well as smaller software projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to provide evidence of:
- Successful end to end project management, taking a product from concept to manufacture
- Experience with Stage-Gate product development processes
- An extensive understanding of electronic and embedded software product development
- Experience with using contract manufacturing partners
- Experience with product compliance and certification e.g. desirable to have Common Criteria, PCI-PTS
- Self motivated, with an ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- A thorough understanding of software development lifecycle models
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural and geographically distributed teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interact with internal and external clients alike
- Domain knowledge/background in electrical engineering
- Formal project management certification is preferred
You will have come from a Project Management background in an Electronics Engineering environment, probably beginning your career as an engineer, and will be familiar with the industry jargon. To succeed in this role you will need to bring with you experience in product development and have a track record of successfully delivering complex projects. You will have a strong passion for managing projects and will have a natural enthusiasm which will help energise teams to deliver to their commitments. You will lead from the front and be an outstanding communicator.
We’re based on Auckland’s North Shore just minutes from the Northern Motorway.
Our benefits also include performance-based pay, training and development opportunities, challenging work, flexible work hours, paid birthday leave, discounted medical insurance, onsite gym and access to EAP services. have both an active Social Club and Employee Wellbeing Program.
We live and breathe our HAPII values (Honest, Accountable, Passionate, Innovative and Inclusive) and have created a culture that leads to both high performance and engagement across the business.
If you want to work with a passionate group of people who work hard to get projects across the line; do what needs to be done to deliver successfully and have fun while doing it, then apply today!