Winner of the 2018 Hi-Tech Company of the year Award, Invenco is a global leader specialising in self-service payment solutions with a range of high-tech products, including outdoor payment terminals, electronic payment servers, payment switches, and cloud services. We are a product company, proud of what we do, what we produce and who we are! We deliver revolutionary transactional and self-service products that make people wonder how they ever lived without them. We are undergoing unprecedented growth and embarking on our next generation of product development to retain our market leadership and recognised innovation, so we have exciting and challenging times ahead.
We are looking for an experienced SDK/Technical Writer to join our team. You will ideally be a professional in the creation and delivery of quality software documentation and training. You will have come from a background of at least a year in a development role, giving you an understanding of how the software development life cycle works.
You will be excited by the idea of taking ownership of the documentation and training material aspect of Invenco’s Software Development Kit and will know how to communicate both in writing and verbally to the highest standard.
You will be responsible for developing the documentation, sample code and training resources for our product suite. In addition you will be interfacing directly to our global customer base, spearheading training and product updates.
This will be a role of key importance to the business, where you will be exposed to leading edge technology and be supported by a sophisticated development team.
In this role, some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Take technical specifications and notes and translate them into easy to read user guides
- Review and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Generate application and implementation notes for future reference
- Development of sample code for demonstration of features and best practice
- Show value of product through presentations
- Set up and maintain processes and procedures where required
- Development of web support portal
- Development of training materials (presentations, tutorials, videos)
- Ongoing SDK and OEM Training strategy development, planning and execution
- Identification of trends, common themes, questions and priorities raised by customers during training. Feed these back to product management.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to take technical specifications and translate them to a level the end user will understand
- Proven track record in training material generation
- Technical understanding of one or more of the following: C,C++ or Java with experience in a development role
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal - able to clearly articulate and communicate technical concepts precisely and succinctly
- Build and maintain relationships with people of all levels, internally and externally
- Professional experience in a customer facing environment
- Self starter – takes initiative
- Proactive – able to on sell products and services
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- No restrictions to travel – estimated 30% international travel to Eastern Europe, Middle East, UK, USA etc.
- Ideally a Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Development or Engineering
- Payments industry experience a bonus
We’re based on Auckland’s North Shore just minutes from the Northern Motorway.
Our benefits also include performance-based pay, training and development opportunities, challenging work, flexible work hours, paid birthday leave, discounted medical insurance, onsite gym and access to EAP services. have both an active Social Club and Employee Wellbeing Program.
We live and breathe our HAPII values (Honest, Accountable, Passionate, Innovative and Inclusive) and have created a culture that leads to both high performance and engagement across the business.
If you want to work with a passionate group of people who work hard to get projects across the line; do what needs to be done to deliver successfully and have fun while doing it, then apply today!